Posted on January 17, 2019
There are a plethora of questions a person could ask during an interview, but some are better than others. Knowing the best questions to ask creates a better image with the interviewer and increases chances for a second interview. There are many questions you can ask that will let your interviewer know you have the company in your thoughts and have the personality traits of a good employee:
- “What do you like about working here?” This is an excellent question to ask the interviewer. It shows you are genuinely interested in the company culture and would like to know more. It also shows you care about fitting in with the company as much as they do. And of course, everyone likes the opportunity to discuss themselves.
- “What is the career path for employees, or, does this position offer growth opportunities?” Asking about the future of other employees shows you care about your own career. It also conveys your penchant for planning and responsibility. The experts at Symphony Placements can help you identify your most viable career paths so you know what answers to seek.
- “What will my day-to-day responsibilities be?” This question will give you a better understanding of what’s expected of you on a specific level. This question also shows you’re inquisitive about your involvement in the company and want to understand your duties so you can perform better.
- “In your opinion, what is the most challenging part of this job?” This is a great way to get to know what your employer expects of you and how they want you to handle certain issues. Let this question serve as a bridge to open a conversation about your excellent problem-solving abilities. Symphony Placements can help you outline your skills with an effective resume as well.
- “What are the next steps in the process?” Without the risk of being too prodding, this question will get you some insight as to how you did during the interview and what to expect next. It also shows an obvious interest in the position and company.