Posted on January 31, 2022
In the current economy, the job market has become increasingly hard to navigate. Finding a job through a personal search has become harder than ever, and many people are using temporary agencies to find employment. Temporary agencies often lead to greater job search success than individual job searches for a variety of reasons. A few of those are listed here:
- Established relationships. Most staffing services have longstanding clients, companies for whom they have provided staffing solutions for many years. These clients use the staffing services as their first means of filling an open position, leading to many positions being filled before they were made known to individual job seekers. By working for a temp service, a job seeker will benefit from any existing relationships the agency has with employers.
- Ability to network. In large part due to the pre-existing relationships between temporary agencies and various companies, it is much easier to network as a temp worker. There are connections already in place that allow talented and experienced workers to achieve desired placements and to be successful in those placements. Furthermore, temp workers who have a successful history with their agency can recommend or refer their friends and acquaintances, using their good reputation to help others find employment. This practice is often encouraged by fees that agencies will pay their workers for referring new talent.
- Large talent pool. Most temporary agencies have a large pool of workers, and as such they can provide employers with a number of talented candidates for open positions. This encourages companies to consider staffing services first when a position becomes available, and means that staffing agencies might offer a number of placements to their workers at any given time. The large number of agents also attracts a wide variety of companies, so a worker who is unsuccessful in one placement may be a perfect fit at another.
- Connections in different industries. Many staffing agencies are specialized, only providing staff for a specific industry or only hiring workers with a specific skill set. Other temporary agencies service clients in all industries, providing workers for placements as varied as receptionist, warehouse manager, IT consultant, and restaurant wait staff. The diversity of industries means a staffing service can provide employment for all types of workers with unique skills, experience, and education.
- Lower cost for the employer. When a company hires new staff members from individual job searchers, there are a host of tasks that must be completed. Job boards must be updated, resumes read and evaluated, interview schedules set, and more. After the new employees are hired, they must be provided with workspaces and office equipment, like chairs, computers, and desks. In addition to their salary, they are usually given benefits as well. When a company hires staff through a temporary agency, it will pay a higher cost for each worker’s salary, but it will also save time and money on recruiting and interviewing candidates. Companies do not have to pay benefits to temp agents, either, as these are typically covered by temporary agencies.
To find out more about temporary agencies and how they can help job seekers be more successful in finding employment, consider contacting Symphony Placements.